You are on a path to a happier, healthier smile! The team at Hi 5 Orthodontics is here to help you through the process in any way possible. This is the beginning of a fun journey and we are excited to be on the journey with you. So take our hand and get ready for a fun ride!
Dr. Williams and the “Hi 5 Team” are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of diagnosis and potential treatment options. Watch our video below that discusses the best time to start braces. However, no matter what age, it is never to late to undergo orthodontic care.
This important 45-60 minute visit will give us insights into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also offer time following the exam for starting treatment.
• Expect your teeth & gums to initially get sore
• Expect that in the initial stages you might see some spaces open (we will absolutely close unnecessary spaces as we progress through treatment)
• Expect your teeth to become a little wiggle while they are being moved (a little movement is totally normal)
• Expect your mouth to produce a lot of saliva (your brain initially thinks the braces are food!)
• Expect to have difficult speaking for the first few days (your lips and tongue need to get used to the newness of it all)
• Expect wires to be a bit poky as your teeth straighten (wires move as teeth do, but wax is grand at helping with that)
We have plenty of suggestions to help with any discomfort and concerns. Keep reading!
PRO TIP : Warm salt water rinses – 1 tsp salt in an 8 oz glass of warm water can relieve discomfort for swollen gums.